Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hiatus and a lesson

When I got TS12 from my good friends at Jointed Rail I had a great prospect that the downloads would go smoothly. Unfortunately, they had overlooked N3V Games' own mistake of  providing corrupted files for dealing. Of course with a half-ass TS12, I had the greed to hack my TS09 copy to y'know, have doppler because there is a certain config that could simply provide it. Of course I hacked too much and the game [09] stopped working. Nonetheless I did the forseen a bit early and uninstalled the game; but of course did the smart thing and moved all 16.12 GB in my stash of content to a subfolder of Documents. So there's really no full Trainz version until the fix is done, presumably by Monday. This explains my lack of updating this fine blog in all these days.

I did manage, until Wednesday, to work a bit on the Park Road Industrial District (Plant City, Florida) which has a couple of industries, to which I believe are served by O711 (the Plant City local) No wonder they named it Park Road, because of the giant warehouses for General Chemical and another place I cannot name off the top of my head. The same road, CR 523, connects to the Plant City Sub so hell I wonder what creative railfanning can be simply done on that road.

In all this crap for three days I did learn a valuable lesson, patience pays. I will probably have (an albeit nonalcoholic) drink when it's all over and will be relieved after the tense waiting process. There is hope, and two to three YouTube videos that will follow suit when it is done. Another supposed reward is more coupons from JR for the 4 days of waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment