Monday, February 6, 2012

Hornsounds

There is a Trainz gamer who has taken to making new sounds. His game is marked quite well by custom sounds, especially when you come to see his videos.

YouTube user mutanay77 has filmed op sessions and simple product videos. His yolasite is full of a wonderful directory replete with various makes of K5HLs, RS3s, and what have you.

In the eye of a long time Trainz vet I say this is long overdue. Yes, my JR stock has custom horns but they are not the crisp sound that these attain. His work is simply amazing and very useful to anyone.

Just download the horns, import them into CDP, and edit the config file of your loco of choice to input the horn. I already did it for my ES40DC and will to do it when I get the [..CSX..] ES44AC.

But wait. This is also an inspiration. The success of editing all of these is motivating me to do other sounds, in general. I see he has successfully altered the rolling stock sound and even the railroad crossing bell. The bell, yes, is easy to replace and bnsf50 I think has said how to do it at one point. But I feel more willing to do it to my stock and have the videos just sound much better.

When making a Trainz video, as you can ever suppose, two aspects are very important: video and audio. You don't want your audio to sound that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment