Monday, May 9, 2011

Routebuilding Issues Part 1

It often happens that the route builder gets bored of doing the same area on and on. Happens to me a lot, nonetheless.

Here's my solution...

I was working on Valrico last weekend, having chunks of area done up in full detail. The pattern looked like a checkerboard by Monday when the north side of the mainline between two crossings, then the south, then the north were detailed, the flip sides neglected. Of course working three days straight on little more than a junction in the back woods is tiring and otherwise boring. Now, there's a bit of commitment the routebuilder needs to make. My and I'm sure a lot of others' fault on this is that areas are often left unfinished, yeah I'll go back to it later, later, later, and never do. But this time I was devoted to finish the area. So it takes some determination to finish an otherwise tedious area. But my interim solution - Working on County Road 582 and Kathleen Road. Picking a completely different landscape can be entertaining when considering boring areas like east of Valrico Junction. As aforementioned, the drive to return must be there. If not, you'll end up with a not so motivational, incomplete route. Even so, the routebuilding process can be made much more efficient as well as you do not waste time struggling to complete areas that burn you out. Enthusiasm and the lack thereof leads to vaporware. This is one of many ways to combat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment