Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Bridge that Caught My Eye Last Week

It's funny for me to consider how I rendered that area, which indeed as previously posted turned out to be a bridge construction site. This is CR 655 at Main Street in Auburndale.


The patches of dirt is about correct, but the corrugated fence was never needed. The Street View (silly me for not looking) shows pilings in place.

Fortunately for this "by the map" builder, the image overlay was updated to an image from April 24. Goes to show an example of the rapid transformation of the route corridor. Actually, I wonder why the town planners did not cater to putting a sidewalk on Main Street. Isn't it the "main" street which embodies the commerce and whatnot for the town? Shouldn't it be accessible to all forms of transport? OK, yes, I want to photograph a train from that bridge. At least there's US HWY 92. ;-)


On a similar subject, ingame detailing of the area in Carters Siding started today. Fortunately, for the benefit of ops like Q251 and Q235, the siding was entirely laid down, signaled to the best of my ability, and frogged. The intersection of Memorial and Old Dixie Hwy is being done at the moment. Soon enough, the whole siding will be complete. The "business" that CSX does at the siding day-by-day could be a hint at one of the next TrainzWatching videos that I will be producing.


No comments:

Post a Comment