Friday, July 13, 2012

Updates at Auburndale



It can surely get interesting when you pass by an area you did in Trainz and notice something unusual.

Well, not to say I wasn't informed that the S-Line north of Vitis was getting some heavy duty refurb and upgrade work, and the signal at Central was installed. That doesn't seem nearly as image-changing as this.

The big thing I am speaking of is that overpass. This links Main St to a roundabout ramp to CR 655. Google Earth had a hint at it, but only some dirt work in 2010. It is now... complete.
I had not had that thing in mind at all! I thought it was just some dead grass or something when I saw the map. I didn't bother to look into the street view, and now that I did, I can see piers under construction.

The bridge flies over from Main St in a SW direction to which it does a 180 left turn to meet CR655. I believe it is a stop sign intersection, but can see traffic lights if traffic is heavy enough.

Also I didn't really know that 4-1-1 head signal existed. Thought it was a searchlight, but much like New River (Distant to S Dania SB and Distant to Whalen NB) in Miami, it was one of those quiet upgrades. Shame for Miami on that end, as there are now no pure SAL signals anymore on this line; all of them are now either DV or modern colorlights.

Gotta get working in Trainz now! Those views from 92 in real life are... might I say... gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment