Sunday, January 15, 2012

Official Cutbacks

These parts of my route have been cut off:


  • Palmetto Sub south of Big Bend Rd.
  • Brooksville Sub north of the junction with Clearwater Sub
  • Brewster Sub from 1 mile south of Bradley
  • Abandoned SCL trackage through Zephyrhills
I am considering cutting off:

  • the entire Agricola Tram
  • Bone Valley Sub from 1 mile east of the Bonnie Spur
  • Valrico Sub 1 mile south of the Bartow Curve
  • A-Line two miles east of Auburndale due to inactivity except one customer
Why? I believe these areas will not cater to the route as well as the mainline spots like Plant City, Lakeland, Tampa, and Auburndale would. I am after lines that have good traffic. The Bone Valley is considered good enough, but only if you represent it by the trackage along much of the Valrico Sub and the Bone Valley Sub up to Three Post. I originally thought of cutting IMC Fort Meade but it's surviving due to its frequency. I believe the Hardee mine never was included but the Agrico mine was in the BV DEM, but it was already eliminated. The east half of the Agricola Tram is considerably dead too, with only one customer at the end surrounded by a bunch of dead phosphate mines. Sad story for them to run out of business and cut the line significantly but I guess easier for me to model in present day. 

The cut portions are not entirely gone. Anyone who wants to do them can if they so please. But then again, the big BV cutoff is probably for the hardcore Bone Valley railfan. I believe though that I accomplished cutting off two years of work right there, that is two years of unmotivated work. 

Expansion packs would come in bundles. The Palmetto south of Big Bend Rd is being designed to combine with a future Sarasota map. Brooksville and Clearwater will hopefully bundle together. The A-line would as long as it sees an expansion towards Davenport and surely the Bone Valley fragments will be bound together as well. But I don't think I will ever get to those.

No comments:

Post a Comment