Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Less Weight = Happiness

From March 2012, I have offered or been asked, in three separate occasions, for the following hand offs.

  1. Tampa Terminal A-Line Fredricksburg Rd (Tampa) - SR 39/Alexander St. (Plant City) - This section only sees religiously 3-4 CSX freight trains a day and never in the history of the connected sections of the track did I find the use in running a CSX Train down that way. Though, this includes the famed Mango Siding and the interesting Cherry siding. Consider that not a single Phosphate train runs through there as well and you pretty much have my lack of interest explained. The project was awarded to Michael G. (msts195).
  2. CSX Miami Sub Delray-Dyer pass - This section of the track has virtually no industrial action. Also, since Tony (TrainHuntersFans/Magana47) is deeply fascinated by this territory, I thought it would be my honor to give him this section as he is also my friend and I wanted a give and take thing. I give him the route and take back the relief of this section, lol. Everybody wins. Because his father lives in West Palm Beach, and for the above, he was awarded at my will this section. I am working on the Delray-Miami section, an eventual component of the South Florida Mega Route.
  3. FEC Key West Extn. Modern - "FECKWE" - This fictional route was awarded to me from 30 Dec. 2008 by Nikos as he lost interest in the game and had a pre-alpha released. As a time saver, which I disagree with because my work sucks, LOL, he is asking for the modified route to be returned. I had several routebuilding issues with this; a backup attempt and mishap on Trainz led me to lose the ATLS data for up to 30-40 crossings. Also since I basically left this in the back burner for life, I have improved my choice of buildings, roads, and mainly textures. You can say this route just couldn't keep up with me. Though, one great merit was the 47,000 hit YouTube video of the 103 through S. Miami, an all make believe train. Starting with CAB (Modula City) textures, then moving on to the similar palette to his which is pixelated textures after all, my palette went beyond this with TS2009 default textures (which are GREAT). Now, I do feel I am leaving behind an engine of creativity, but if I don't have the time for it, I might as well. Besides, I can make US1 through SoMi as expressway grade as I like, as I will still have my version. :)
Trainzers like Mike Cyr despise vaporware, or software that never gets released. With what I have and what I accepted, vaporware was almost a sure bet. So this efficient tactic allows others to help out with sections that can take months or years. I know there is just no motivation to get Tampa-Cherry done for instance, much less the middle and lower (not lowest) Keys. Lately too, I have become more into prototype than fiction. I guess it is that I just want the simulator to do its thing and render the real world, rather than make believe so many things.
I continue to offer sections of the Bone Valley. I think I will hand off Big Bend-Pt. Sutton, as well as a section of the BV to my Skype buddy Jacob. 
With increasing school work that does not see a decrease for a long time, I feel this is a great move. I am comforted by the fact others are taking up unfinished projects. Trainz for me is a casual hobby and I don't get to it every day. But who knows, sooner or later one can see the high iron of the CSX Tampa terminal in Trainz! And perhaps it is sooner than later after all, with these split ventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment