Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Miami Sub and my new technologies...

After a DEM discovery, if you will, using MicroDEM I gave it a shot and successfully re-terraformed the Miami area using accurate scaling. My 2011 edition failed in that it was a bunch of routes merged, skipping various areas. I guess suffice to say I'd be lucky if two areas matched. But now, the GND was created as one file altogether.

As I am fairly living the dream now, the technologies I aspired are being exhibited.

Aside from the train driving adventure, one will be able to literally chase the trains. I spent the last two days paving the way for this to happen.

The 874 and 826 interchange, completed recently in real life, looks rigged ingame but I will use my tools effectively and make a streamlined standard of roads, bridges, the like and everything so it looks clean. I did do the 3-lane+ roads but when I tried letting cars roll down, for the 4 lane, the cars would drive down the middile of the stripes. I will probably take to doing a spline spawner like BNSF50 has so cars go one way down.


As for the chasing, I have ensured that traffic flows to ATLS stoppers so the chase would be harder. I also added invisible roads where the merging happens so the cars don't habitually disappear or reappear.
I tested out the system at the 826/Bird interchange, which also had a makeover. This is 1/2 a mile away from CSX, but I will still give enough detail for chasing to be scenic as well.
Chasing can be accommodated by driving a car as if you drove a train yet on invisible track. It's a very simple method.




A simpler technology that will be included as well is flying over. One can fly passenger and private aircraft in various marked areas, especially since the route nears five airports (MIA, FLL, OPF, Tamiami, PBI). Same way as "Carz".

All I can say is, I stepped in deep water. There are new challenges to accept. I will still continue to model the Tampa terminal, but this will get equal attention. I am due a full makeover of the roads, traffic lights, and everything to a new make. Railroad crossings will be remade and streetlights will be scripted to light up for once. My 8th grade meshes will finally get a doover. 


1 comment: