Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Motive to Create

Can't find the building, train car, item, or scenery you want? Easy, build it.

Trainz addon software, such as 3ds, GMAX, Blender, or Sketchup, offers opportunities to design the piece that is wanted. With the facilities out there such as measurements, specs, and eyeballed proportions, there is no excuse when asking for others to create the asset to not do it yourself.

I have hit the bug recently when beginning the Miami Sub. The Lincoln Industries cantilevers have as such been redesigned and now soon I will lay out a modeling scheme for the 3d roll .

  • Vertical and horizontal traffic lights will be redesigned with realistic and light angled textures (ie. light -> 1 on the config file). ATLS scripting, as needed, will be updated to reflect whatever latest version Mike C. has applied in his script. I think the lights lack the ability to type the channel numbers, but I can plug it in. I have been given authority to manipulate the lights with the system, if you guys haven't known. 
    • Mast arm: 3L, 4L, 5L with brackets holding, horizontal. Vertical: Doghouse, 3H, 2+2H
    • Wire hung: see Vertical and will have the appropriate object holding it
    • Backplates will be designed in alternate meshes. It may be scripted to be enabled the way poles are in the old lights, just me plugging a different function in in that case.
  • Highway signs will finally be designed. of course my cantilever brackets were lacking. :) I will also locate the 2010 mesh of the cantilevers (FDOT) and modify the pole to be a different stainless steel, replace a concrete textured shape with the metal, and be all set. The Highway signs will be designed to have name attachments to the proper font in some way or another. Also directions will be one attachment, as "NORTH", "SOUTH", so on. There may be standard meshes as one with direction, shield, name (1 or 2 lines), and arrow. Scripting should be similar to Maddy's US Highway trailblazer sign.
  • Darth vaders will be redesigned from scratch. May follow similar scripting to Jointed Rail's language and serve approach lit, change w/ direction, etc. FEC searchlights and old color lights will also be redone. Though, the focus in the accurate signals right now is the CSX side which is 99% Darth Vader in the Miami side.
  • Buildings will slowly and surely get done. Once I get a bit of intel on FP&T's ginormous pavilion will I do it. I may also consider a mesh of the Miami Jai Alai, and numerous generic industrial buildings in addition to Xawery's offering. (ie. the ones with the walls that look like garage beams).
  • Highway roads may see redesign to streamline lane changes,  interchanges, etc. A lot of the CSX tracks run next to 874, 836, and I-95. Bridges will follow suit.
  • And of course train cars. I will be doing custom gondolas, namely scrap and thrall gons. The famed "Green Gons" that I rendered in 09 fell off use and don't run anymore. Then I will also apply sophisticated mapping and learn the ropes with it. Looks like the following unless JR or RRMods beats me to it :) Also some may be made into payware packs of my own:
    • UP ARMN 57' mech reefers (white ones)
    • TTX 60' Gunderson boxcars
    • DJJX/JTLX/ZVBX/FPTX 52' Thrall gons (The JR ones do not satisfy me)
    • GAMX and HOMX LPG tanks
    • NATX/ADMX ethanol tanks
    • NAHX/CITX/TITX center pressure flow tubs
    • SPEX gons
    • FRKX hoppers (version 2!)
    • CYDX, CYXX, PRSX hoppers
Let's hope I find the time but then again there's so much time I waste that if I get busy it will happen!

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever completed your Florida Rock Aggregate Hopper?

    John

    ReplyDelete