Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lakeland v.2.0: Getting Things Right

I know people like Allen were expecting me to simply add the DEM of the Tampa area to the one I already was working on, of Lakeland, B.V., and the New Wales area.

However when I reviewed the area, especially Lakeland Jct. for one, I accounted the improvisations and said, this ain't right.

When you are doing an observation painting for art, you have to look at the real thing. My goal is to create as close as humanly possible to 100% the railfanning experience of Lakeland, except that it would be in your computer screen.

I just estimated the mapping of the George Jenkins Blvd. overpass. Google Earth at that time didn't have that. Now they do (photo attached, reference purpose)

I even made the mistake of having the bridge bisect the tracks at once, 90º.

In this one I finally have a model to follow, the angle will be 45º ish, and trees will be plotted, "tree for tree".

This and other circumstances had me contemplate redoing the areas I did to refine them and to make them accurate; going over textures and edited land do not cut it as the atmosphere would not look right.


The Tampa Terminal rail network route for Trainz Simulator 2012 (coming April 21) will feature the Brooksville, Lakeland, Vitis, Yeoman, Carters, Plant City, Valrico, Bone Valley, north end of Auburndale, west end of Sanford, south end of Wildwood, Tampa Terminal, and Palmetto subdivisions for prototype-based runs ingame.

No comments:

Post a Comment