Monday, March 21, 2011

Plant City

I guess I found new faith in doing up Central Florida. All the rail lines in the area have round-the clock trains, coal to manifest to rock to intermodal to autoracks, it's got it all, sun up to sundown.

The Miami Sub which I also focused on had flawed DEM joints, but this section, with the kind invaluable help from Allen (backyard on the forums) is flawless. I felt that with this fresh addition twice the real estate of the Lakeland Area, I feel that area needs to be redone to new modeling standards. When I did the miami sub, the area around Lakeland looked cartoonish and I knew for sure some trees were improvised and not realistically laid. Now, replacing textures to match new standards and other crap like that, is a huge project so I thought do it from scratch and the touch of originality and flow will be there.

I am also enjoying the SP 4 (build 44653) which is much like TRS 2010. It's nice of Auran not to make the "world builder" have to buy the "engineer" edition just to enjoy features like LAYERS that are a must for routebuilders.

Remember that this interim progress shot is only the beginning. I need a big hand getting Plant city's depot modeled but I hope we Trainzers can all work together to complete the route.

This route will be updated to TS 2012 once the game is released, especially with the help of assets from the Mojave Sub to which I value, i.e. the Bungalow and the signals.

No comments:

Post a Comment